This article is intended for members enrolled in an employer health insurance plan.
Below is a list of your member rights. Please be sure to keep this information as a reference.
As a Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma PPO Member, you have the right to:
- Have confidentiality of health information.
- Receive medically necessary and appropriate care and service.
- Receive polite and respectful care and services from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma employees and participating health care providers.
- Receive information in clear and understandable terms.
- Participate with your health care provider in decision-making about your treatment.
- Refuse treatment.
- File complaints when unhappy with the care and treatment received.
- Appeal an Adverse Benefit Determination or a decision regarding a preauthorization request, if you feel it is in error.
- Designate an authorized representative to act on your behalf in pursuing a benefit claim or appeal of an Adverse Benefit Determination.
If you have questions about your coverage, please call the toll-free customer service phone number on your member ID card.