This article is intended for members enrolled in an employer health insurance plan.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma (BCBSOK) and BlueLincs HMOSM proudly provide members with access to a wide range of health care providers to meet your medical needs.
The following guidelines help members access their network of health care providers.
- Routine health evaluation appointments are available within 30 working days from the day you call the health care provider.
- Non-urgent appointments for members who are ill are available within five working days from the day you call the health care provider.
- Urgent appointments (sudden onset of symptoms) are available within 24 hours, or the patient will be referred to urgent care services.
- In an emergency situation, members should seek care from the nearest health care facility.
- BlueLincs HMO members should call their primary care physician within 48 hours of an emergency incident and arrange for follow-up care.
- For chronic condition follow-up, appointments are available within 30 working days.
- For an initial specialist care referral, appointments are available within 14 working days.
- For urgent specialist care referral, appointments are available within 24 hours.
- Clinic waiting time should be no longer than 1 hour. Wait time is measured from the start of the scheduled appointment.
BCBSOK’s network of health care providers is held to these standards to ensure that members are offered the most efficient care possible. These guidelines are another benefit of using an in-network physician.
Use the Provider Finder® tool on our website to locate a network provider near you.